When Life gives you lemons... Make Lemonade!

Friday, August 8, 2014

New found love of running….I think.

WOW! I am horrible. I have not posted for 2 years! I have never been good at keeping a journal or writing consistently. I am sure that is why this blog was often forgotten. When it wasn't I just felt like I didn't have time at the moment to update everything. It just became a overwhelming task! However, thanks to a friend who has dedicated a blog to our new adventure of RUNNING, I have been inspired to update and refresh my blog. I know I am not going to be perfect, but I am going to try.

Soooo running…. Yes, my new found dedication to running (it's a love/hate relationship). I have over the years tried to go and run, it is a constant battle with myself. The last time was when I had my little boy. That was five years ago, and I was never as dedicated as I am trying to be now. So how did I decide to try this again? It all started back in May when a friend and I decided to go running in the mornings at 6 AM (crazy I know!), and three days a week. We found one more friend who was on board and started the couch to 5k program. We have taken longer than the program was designed to get where we are now. Some mornings just don't happen. Someone is out of town, we don't always feel like going, or kids kept someone awake, etc. That is life.

What really motivated me to start this thing called running was to get in better shape and really try to lose weight I have had since having kids. I have been "trying" forever to do this. I would just lose momentum and then after awhile find it again. It had not been working!!!!! I don't know where my new found dedication the last couple of months has come from, but I don't care! I really need it and want it to keep going. So I am doing what I can to keep motivated. I have started to loose some weight and have found if I don't one week I get really MAD! Then I go out and run longer than my workout tells me too. I guess this is part of my motivation.

This motivation is now pushing myself and my two friends to run a 10K. We are becoming crazy running people. We motivate each other in different ways and we will get there. It will not go perfect, but so many things in life don't so whatever. I feel confident enough to get there and then I really want to move forward and run a half marathon. This has been on my bucket list for a while, BUT has seemed so impossible to me. I still feel like that somedays. I also feel like this goal is now reachable in about 50 yrs… Just kidding, I am hoping for next summer.

So as I try to reach my new found goals I am going to share my experiences here. Anyone who feels like they would like to join in feel free. I can use more friends to help keep me on this road.

1 comment:

  1. I love this, but I am still undecided about running! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete